lynx-dev

lynx-dev using EXTERNAL commands?

From: Mengmeng Zhang
Subject: lynx-dev using EXTERNAL commands?
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:23:04 -0600 (CST)

To whom it may concern,
        Hello. I'm using lynx 2.8.1rel.2 with SSL patches. I want to be
able to sometimes download files using wget in the background with wget
(these could be ftp or http links). I put the appropriate lines in my
global lynx.cfg file, but I do not know how to invoke them. Here are the
lines I put at the end of my lynx.cfg file:

EXTERNAL:ftp:wget %s &:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:wget %s &:TRUE

How should I invoke links so that they are downloaded in the background
with this method? I've tried looking in the users's guide and the FAQ's,
but I can't seem to find anything.

Thank you very much,
MZhang