lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Anchor reference for 'quit'

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anchor reference for 'quit'
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:04:24 -0500 (EST)

981230 Vinod wrote:
> I am using Lynx version 2.6 for Unix SVR 4.2 release 1.

that's  2,5 yrs  out-of-date:
get the latest 2-8-1 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ .

> I am developing a web based application
> which is going to be viewed through Lynx Browser only.
> I want to QUIT lynx after clicking an anchor reference in HTMl file.
> I don't want to use normal shortcut key q/Q.
> What sholud I use in anchor reference to quit the browser.

it's not clear just what you want to do,
but  ^g  is the emergency exit from Lynx.
if you just don't want people to goto links,
have a look in  userdefs.h  &  lynx.cfg  for ways to limit usage;
also look at the  -anonymous  command-line switch.
if you still need advice, ask again here giving more details.