lynx-dev

lynx-dev does anyone else see this nit?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev does anyone else see this nit?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:42:56 -0500 (EST)

for some time I've seen this annoyance.  I even dug thru the code, but couldn't
see why I am seeing it.

I am building lynx on Solaris 2.6 SPARC with Sun C compiler.

I notice before I start lynx that there's an unread message in my mailbox.
I start up lynx, and it tells me there is mail.  That is fine.  However,
as I use lynx, lynx tells me that I have new mail a couple of times.  So
I assume that several new piece of mail has arrived.  I exit the web site
I am using and go to read my mail.  I discover, to my discouragement, that
the only 'new' mail I have is the one piece that was there before I started
lynx.  No other mail was read, deleted, or added to the mail box.

So why would lynx tell me more than once that I had new mail, when I didn't?
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>