lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: [-dev.12] experimental text entry fields patch (updated

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: [-dev.12] experimental text entry fields patch (updated)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 05:23:17 -0500 (EST)

> How many other programs that spawn text files try to clean up left over
> backup files?   Does trn?  Does cvs?  Does elm?  (Probably the 3
> application I use most often next to lynx).  I've never noticed problems
> with backup files.  Then again, I use vi.

vi does this, however.
(most programs designed after 1990 don't use temporary files because it's
assumed they're running on machine which have memory large enough for their
work product - this is not true of lynx since it runs on small machines
where even the disk space is critical).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden