lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Option to:Add cur-addr to top-of-page.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Option to:Add cur-addr to top-of-page.
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 13:55:40 -0800 (PST)

> From address@hidden Fri Jan 15 14:43:05 1999
> Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:32:35 -0800
> From: Kim DeVaughn <address@hidden>
>

> While it won't help with the cut'n'paste case, I added a few env vars
> to ~dev.9 that lynx sets when p(rint) is used, for just such reasons.
>
> The env vars available to an external PRINTER: script are:
>
>  LYNX_PRINT_DATE
>  LYNX_PRINT_LASTMOD
>  LYNX_PRINT_TITLE
>  LYNX_PRINT_URL
>
> whose values are the same strings as presented in the info (=) page.
>
> It's easy enough to write a small script and add it to the PRINTER:
> list, which will prepend a "header" to saved pages, using the above
> vars/data.  I don't recall if I ever posted my "saver script", but
> if there is interest, I'd be happy to share it.

Sounds good, if I understand it.

(1) Yes, please do post your script.  WITH an example
  (cut & paste from the screen, ie what you do to
   actually DO it) -- "cookbook"-like.

(2) What effect will these things have when I
    choose the FIRST thing (print to a file)
    on the p(rint)-page?
    (ie, no explicit script involved?)

thanks,

David

PS: your trn-notes are nice; any such notes for lynx?

(AND: what ELSE have you written nice notes for?)

(I wonder how many of us there are who use BOTH lynx
AND trn.  Seems like the same mind-set for both; if
you like one, you'll like the other one too)