lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev French accents (was special char's)

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev French accents (was special char's)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:03:22 -0500 (EST)

> From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:41:15 -0500 (EST)
> forgive my (probable) ignorance, but how can you use Lynx to display mail?
> i use a quite separate piece of software called  elm .

I save the mail to a file and view it using lynx.
Setting raw-8-bit to ON in lynx only results in
lynx not doing hte translation I need to cp437.

> KW supports me: you should get Kermit.
> it may be a pain in the derriere to change over from Procomm,
> but once you have it working -- it's easy -- it should help a lot:
> it has very powerful character-translation features.

ProcommPlus does have a translation feature -- at least that's
what I think alt-W does...  I've never tried it.
And yes, I'm trying to avoid the pain in the derriere...:)
Thanks.
--le