lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev what to do with stubborn terminal emulators?

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev what to do with stubborn terminal emulators?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:16:06 -0500 (EST)

> When I use my mac and ntsa telnet emulator, I get a very pleasant color
> interface that is a joy to use.
>
> When however I use my sparc solaris 2.6 and the cde dtwm , I get an
> annoying behavior.  My default dtwm has a grey background.  When I run
> lynx, I get the colors I expect, but the rest of the 'background'
> that lynx draws is white rather than the grey my terminal expects.

is that using dtterm?  I thought you would be using --enable-default-colors
for that.  (Actually, if you _don't_ do that, and op is using the 37/40
codes, you'll get behaviour like you're reporting -- you'd have to use the
39/49 codes to get default colors of gray).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden