Re: lynx-dev mailto support

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mailto support
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 20:32:34 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Chieh Cheng wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Lynx on Linux and I have encountered the following
> problem:
> Lynx does not seem to support the following:
> Lynx thinks that the following string is the subject:
> address@hidden
> and doesn't recognize it as the bcc field.

That's intentional: from LYMail.c:

             *  Seek and handle cc=address(es) fields.  Excludes
             *  Bcc=address(es) as unsafe.  We may append our own
             *  cc (below) as a list for the actual mailing. - FM

Presumably this is meant to protect the user from being tricked into
doing something he/she may not even be aware of, that oh-so-popular
sport with other browsers.