lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: looking for space for lynx distribution
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:58:06 +0900 (JST)

> According to this `rule', you could not even refer to a commercial
> Unix man page describing that system's own internal idiosyncracies.
> RMS isn't just trying to provide free software, he's actively trying
> to kill all commercial software entities. (I work for one, so yes, I'm
> biased, but I don't think I'm unreasonable.)

You are not unreasonable. I understand and will stand behind your
position should the discussion on lynx-dev turn to what I feel is
an undesirable direction. I already walk a very tight wire at the
university here. I'd rather see the freeness of Lynx continue as it is
rather than fettering it more than it already is to GNU. To be perfectly
frank, the whole use of the gettext() function as it is presently
implemented makes me a bit queasy.

__Henry