Re: lynx-dev mirror, mirror

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mirror, mirror
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 06:00:39 -0500 (EST)

990125 Jim Spath wrote:
> FTP.CRC.CA are mirroring Lynx to Canada. Their URL is:
> It's pretty aggressive: it picked up a typo in FTP README I was editing
i'm probably not the only lynx-dever who isn't sure what `mirroring' is:
does it involve special software which watches for changes & echoes them
or is it merely humans checking regularly & manually copying stuff?
this is not irrelevant to the debate:
more people might be willing to mirror the latest release,
if it simply means having a copy available in their  public_html  directory.