lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: "new anchor" message

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: "new anchor" message
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:36:49 -0500 (EST)

990202 Clair Wilson wrote:

[ i apologise for treading into a discussion which Klaus is handling,
but there are a couple of tiny points Mr Wilson might like to know;
after all, it is all going thro' lynx-dev, as it should ]

> I compiled lynx 2.8 a few weeks ago
> I tried to fix the problem by downloading and installing
> what appeared to be the latest release of lynx.

BTW the latest Lynx is 2-8-1 from  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release/ :
obviously, this probably won't solve your problem,
but it does contain a lot of improvements over 2-8.

> I looked for both strace and truss, but found neither on my system.

you can get  strace  from  sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/
or                         -/-/-/distributions/slackware/ ;
it's easy to compile & use & quite informative (good to have on-hand).

Klaus knows, but Mr Wilson may not, that `Unable to connect to remote host'
may simply mean the server is not responding,
far from unknown in the case of  lynx.browser.org/ ;
however, there appear to have been other connection problems.

i now return to the stands ...