lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with ^Z suspending: more ncurses

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with ^Z suspending: more ncurses
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:35:03 +0900 (JST)

> > more "sticking" of colors. AND 256 pairs of colors! All I did was change
> > "colors#8, pairs#64," to "colors#16, pairs#256,". What a discovery.
>
> hmm - perhaps that's slang (it has some hardcoded assumptions about
> bold+color which would be altered if you specify 16 colors).

Finally got ncurses reinstalled.  This time did it as an overwrite
of the system curses.  I'll probably start linking with ncurses again.

> but what does the terminal description look like (and which terminal
> emulator)?
> the only one I remember seeing from you was the fmr one, which can only
> paint 8 colors.

It's the same as the fmr70 one (which is vanilla vt100 + color) except
for the above change.  I use TeraTerm Pro on Windows almost exclusively
these days.  It handles Japanese well (and colors, too, it seems).

__Henry