lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Changing the keymap code (PATCH)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 14:52:21 -0800

On Sat, Feb 06, 1999, Doug Kaufman (address@hidden) said:

| Looking back at the patch that initially expanded keymap[] beyond
| 0x10e, there was an assumption that anything over 0x10e was for
| DOS and was not specifically ifdef'd. (The restriction was in
| LYStrings.c.) Since there is no define for PDCurses, this was the
| default if SLANG wasn't specified. With the removal of the restriction
| for other operating systems, I would propose the following patch which
| should clarify what the assignments are trying to do, with PDCurses
| noted in the comments. PDCurses specific key assignments are now
| ifdef'd with (__DJGPP__ || _WINDOWS).

Despite the above description, I'm not sure what the intent of
your patch really is.

I do know that it does NOT fix the problem with the disappearing
statusline when a reset/select "button" is activated, which is
what the patch I posted was addressing.  (Which was caused by the
addition of the MOUSE_KEY 0x10e define to LYStrings.h in -dev.8.)

This on FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE, using gcc, and slang.

Or did you intend the patch you posted to be applied in addition
to the one that I posted yesterday ...?

/kim