lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Assistance sought in understanding hidden links

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Assistance sought in understanding hidden links
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:30:01 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> ... a link
>  *  which had an attribute in the markup that resolved
>  *  to a URL (i.e., not just a NAME or ID attribute),
>  *  but was found in HText_endAnchor() to have no visible
>  *  content for use as a link name.
> :
>
> Is this referring to HTML such as
>
> <A HREF="http://www.w3c.org/";></A>
>
> or something else?

Yes, or <A HREF="http://www.w3c.org/";> </A>

or <A HREF="http://www.w3c.org/";>&nbsp;</A>

or <A HREF="http://www.w3c.org/";>
</A>

or <A HREF="http://www.w3c.org/";>   &nbsp;&shy;  <B>  </B>

 &nbsp;   &nbsp;
&nbsp;</A>

and so on.

> Kim mentioned that it would be nice to test the textarea editing code
> with a sample using hidden links.  I am willing to modify that version of the
> textarea test file I submitted to the mailing list once I understand what
> a hidden link is.

Supposedly it's explained in follow_help.html.  Maybe you want to
reformulate the text there if it's not understandable....

   Klaus