lynx-dev

lynx-dev cookie version weirdness

From: brian j pardy
Subject: lynx-dev cookie version weirdness
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 20:45:46 -0800

In working on implementing this tighter configuration of cookie
checking, I've come across a problem -- it seems like store_cookie()
is not EVER being sent a cookie with version = 1.

So this code in the current dev version (LYCookie.c:279):

    if (co->version != 0 || !LYAcceptAllCookies) {
        /*
         * Apply sanity checks.
       [all of the sanity checks]
    }

will only be hit if LYAcceptAllCookies is not set.  I want to remove
the check on LYAcceptAllCookies here and leave it only as:

    if(co->version != 0) {
       [do sanity checks]
    }

But it seems like every cookie sent there has a version of 0 set, even
when the server is sending version 1 (from what I can see in the
tracelog).  Is this something anyone knows they've changed, or a
longstanding bug that just became apparent?

I don't have any old versions sitting around to compare with.

Any thoughts are welcome.

--
Make it myself?  But I'm a physical organic chemist!