lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:45:04 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:31:03 -0600 (CST)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> What slang version are you using?  What terminal type?  Do things
> change if you set TERM differently?

SLANG_VERSION is 9938.
TERM=vt220 + color.

> On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Laura Eaves wrote:
>
> Have you checked the value directly after GetChar() calls?
>
> It's not clear what that 0x10F is - a slang code or a lynxkeycode.

It's the value immediately returned from LYgetch().
The def of LYgetch() is ifdef'd.  I don't know what 0x10F
is either, but hte return val of LYgetch is used to
subscript KeyBinding[] (or whatever the name of the array is in
LYEditmap.c...)

> Here is something you could try: Find the place in LYCurses.h where
> USE_KEYMAPS is defined, comment that out, and recompile.  The code
> should then fall back to the way input was handled in previous versions,
> although I haven't tried whether it still compiles.

Is USE_KEYMAPS defined for both slang and ncurses?
It works fine when I build with screen=ncurses.
What exactly does USE_KEYMAPS do?
I had to delete my slang version of lynx to save disk space so I'll have
to rebuild again from scratch....
--le