lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: HText_ExtEditForm crash - solved

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: HText_ExtEditForm crash - solved
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:22:13 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:
> |
> | Crash occurred in the fclose(p->file) in LYRemoveTemp, trying to close
> | a FILE that was invalid (already close).  THe following fixes it:
> |
> | Replace first fclose (fp) in HText_ExtEditForm with LYCloseTempFP (fp).
>
> I'll make the change, though I fail to understand why LYRemoveTemp()
> should care (ie, if open, close it then remove it; if already closed,
> just remove it).

Yeah, but LYRemoveTemp() didn't know it was closed - nobody told the
structures that keep track of temp files.  So it tried to close and
remove it.

It's not clear what rules one has to follow in using those temp file
managing functions, some comments would be appreciated...

Actuall, the order in LYRemoveTemp() is not "close it then remove it"
but the other way 'round, fwiw.

    Klaus