lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev EBCDIC events

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev EBCDIC events
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:01:26 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Philip Webb said:

> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 00:30:31 -0500 (EST)
>
> golligee: i thought everyone used ASCII except a few old IBM mainframes,
> whose OS390 now benefitted from your port of Lynx:

Yup.  Them's the ones.  But not just the old ones.  They're not getting
any smarter.

> after all, that was why Lynx started to recognise EBCDIC.
> so what should configure be looking for?

Is there anything you can put between the #if ... #endif in the
configure excerpt I posted a couple hours ago that will cause a
compilation error on IRIX as on (most) other ASCII systems?

I wish I had paid more attention over the last few days -- the
symptom you described is precisely what I recognize on the OS/390
system when I somehow blow the EBCDIC detection.  Sorry.

-- gil