lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev default background in 2.8.2dev.3

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: lynx-dev default background in 2.8.2dev.3
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 99 19:45:04 +0000

> > I have recently downloaded the OS/2 version of Lynx (2.8.2) from
> > Hobbes and can't work out how to change the default background to
> > black. This is how it was in the previous version (2.8.1), but the
> > color options in lynx.cfg do not seem to have any effect, and I don't
> > see any option for setting 'default'.
>
> do you have more info about this?  (I have built lynx for EMX, but did
> not know about any distributed version of it - whether it is built with
> ncurses or whatever).

There is no information regarding the source of this distribution. The
zipfile is dated 98/12/08 and was downloaded from hobbes.nmsu.edu

I have found that colors can be changed by editing lynx.lss, but haven't
found any documentation on the format of this file. The COLOR: lines in
lynx.cfg are completely ignored with the newer version of Lynx but work
fine with the previous version (2.8.1dev.13).

> -- my copy does colors correctly
>
> > Also, how do I go about using my DEL key as it works in every other
> > app? ie I don't want it to behave as a backspace key.
>
> and what behavior do you expect?

I am used to the Delete key removing the character under the cursor, without
the cursor moving, whereas the backspace key removes the character under the
cursor after moving one character to the left.

--
John