lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Confusion reigns supreme

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Confusion reigns supreme
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:45:26 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I've not seen anyone else mention the problem I am about to mention.
> Lynx 2.8.2dev.17, SPARC Solaris 2.6, Sun compiler, ncurses.

Slightly different configurations:

2.8.2dev.15 - Sparc Solaris 2.5 - gcc - curses
2.8.2dev.17 - Sparc Solaris 2.5 - gcc - slang

> I do not know if that means that I never received the reports of problems,
> my environment is unique, or if the patched version of lynx I am using is
> unique, or if my use of lynx is unique.
>
> I type:
>
> $ lynx news:local.test
>
> where local.test is any newsgroup.
>
> I select the "Post to local.test" link (the last one on the page).
> I enter a From:, Subject:, Organization: and am in the editor.
> I enter a dummy message.  I exit the editor.
>
> I see this line at the bottom of my screen:
> Post this message? (y/n)  (y/n)

I get just one "(y/n)" for "Post this message?" and one for "Append
signature?".

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |