lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev wget and lynx, download problem

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev wget and lynx, download problem
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:06:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:

> downloading for example http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/mailbox/log99-01
> with wget works fine, but very slow.
> Doing the same with lynx is very slow too, but never results in a
> complete download.
> Downloading is finished incompletely without a comment.
> This is the same for my linux, solaris and DOS machines.
> All using current versions of lynx and wget.
> It looks like something like a timeout in lynx which closes
> the connections on some conditions.
> Is there a way to get arround this problem?

If you have the same problem with lynx and wget, then it's not a lynx
problem. Flora is slow but I have just downloaded log99-01 with lynx and
wget, and I got the whole file (2396943 bytes).

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |