lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev bug in lynx 2.8.1

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug in lynx 2.8.1
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:32:08 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Joshua Weage wrote:

>       Here's the specifics of my system:
> Lynx 2.8.1
> Linux 2.2.2
>
>       I'm using the -dump and -source features of lynx
> to run in a batch file.  However, it appears that when
> these functions are used, lynx won't process cookies.
> I've tried using the -accept_all_cookies, -cookies,
> and -cookies_file switches to no avail.
>       Here is what happens, if I start lynx interactively
> with a particular URL, I get the page I want.  If I
> use the -dump or -source switches, I get a different page
> indicating that I have not yet signed in.

This is a known problem, covered in the following link to the lynx-dev
archive:

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0299/msg00855.html

I have a patch at:

http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/code/lynx-dump_output_cookie.patch

Tom, since this is about the 3rd report of this, would it be too
much trouble to release a 2.8.1rel.3 with this fix and any others
that are waiting in the wings, prior to 2.8.2?

Anyone agree/disagree?

--
<http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/keys/> for DSA/ElG-E/RSA keys
DSA 0x0A641AA5:0B1E 37B7 ECCB FC96 B6C6  7242 0A59 F8D5 EFA9 4F81