lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev bug in lynx 2.8.1

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bug in lynx 2.8.1
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 19:49:59 -0800

brian j pardy wrote:

bjp>>> http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/code/lynx-dump_output_cookie.patch
bjp>>>
bjp>>> Tom, since this is about the 3rd report of this, would it be too
bjp>>> much trouble to release a 2.8.1rel.3 with this fix and any others
bjp>>> that are waiting in the wings, prior to 2.8.2?
bjp>>>
bjp>>> Anyone agree/disagree?

Tom>> yes/no - there's been several fixes (and Klaus, for instance has marked
more
Tom>> than one of his in the past couple of months as against 2.8.1).  We can
Tom>> add this to the patches under the release page, but putting out a rel.3
Tom>> would probably add more confusion (and miss some equally good patches).

bjp> That's understandable.  Perhaps we could just do something as simple as
bjp> adding a blurb in the page linking to the lynx-dev list in the help
bjp> suggesting checking the bugfixes/ directory prior to reporting a bug.

We don't need a special infrastructure for this.  Only a few people are
running into this bug, or any of the existing bugs in 2.8.1rel.2, which
is why it was and still is good enough to be consodered a "release"
version.  Anyone who *is* running into a bug that has been subsequently
fixed has a really easy solution: grab one of the 2.8.2dev.NN interim
releases.