lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: dead code removal

From: John Bley
Subject: lynx-dev Re: dead code removal
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 09:56:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> > Meanwhile, I'm busy investigating dead code and have a question: Are
> > all these empty HText_* functions here for any particular reason?
> > Nothing's even calling into them. There are even several non-empty
> > HText_ functions that aren't ever getting called.
>
> Besides dead code, are there places that have repeated code that would
> better be modularized (besides *Main*)?

That's a *much* harder question to automate (almost every patch I've
submitted so far has resulted from experiments with automated auditing of
source).  Still, I have some ideas along these lines, though it may be a
long time before I can formalize a script for it.  I'll keep this idea on
the back burner, thanks.

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science