lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Dead Code, Part 2

From: John Bley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Dead Code, Part 2
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:49:38 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > Based on this, I think I can safely advocate the complete eradication
> > of HTAAServ.c and HTHistory.c.
> Not "eradication", please.  Simply delete them from the list of object
> files in the makefile.in, with a comment that you have done so, and they
> will not be linked in.  Either that or wrap the whole of the files in
> one big ifdef (which Klaus already indicated would probably be possible
> for a general use Lynx).
Right, perhaps "complete eradication" was too strong a phrase.  :-)
How to tackle a dead code problem will vary depending on software
culture, presence of a source control system, age of the code, plans for
the code, and so forth.  Since I really don't know much of the history of
this code, it's not my place to say what to do with the dead code.  I'm
only trying to *find* the dang stuff.

> Don't get me wrong, though, what you are doing (and have been doing; it has
> not gone unnoticed) is a Godsend to Lynx and VERY welcome from this corner.
<grin> Thanks.

--
John Bley - address@hidden
Duke '99 - English/Computer Science