lynx-dev

lynx-dev broken gcc (doc patch)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev broken gcc (doc patch)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:02:26 -0500 (EST)

990312 Tim Benham wrote:
> Thanks, the CC=cc advice was what was needed.  Perhaps this could be
> added to the PROBLEMS file as I'm sure it'll happen for someone else.

done:

*** PROBLEMS            Wed Feb 17 09:29:33 1999
--- PROBLEMS.new        Fri Mar 12 13:58:48 1999
***************
*** 15,20 ****
--- 15,28 ----
      documents will look fine.  You can reload documents to the current
      window size with CTRL-R

+     If the configure script dies when it discovers that gcc is broken,
+     despite the fact there is a perfectly good ANSI cc in the PATH,
+     try setting the CC environment variable to your working cc compiler
+     before running configure: e.g.
+
+       setenv CC cc   (or   set CC=cc; export CC  , depending on the shell)
+       ./configure
+
      On a Sun system, the message:
          "Alert!:  Unable to connect to remote host"
      will be displayed every time an attempt is made to access a host