lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Wells Fargo

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Wells Fargo
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:15:57 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Ralph Seguin wrote:

> Hi.  I've built Lynx 2.8.1 with SSLeay 0.9 and I'm having pretty good
> luck with it.
> However, I have run into one secure server that says that:
>
> Before you go on...
>
>    The browser you are using DOES NOT meet Wells Fargo's [3]stringent
>    security standards for Online Banking. That means you won't be able to
>    enroll or to bank online with Wells Fargo by using this browser.
>
> Anybody got Lynx to work with Wells Fargo  http://banking.wellsfargo.com?
> If so, what do you have to do?

Change your User-agent to Mozilla/4.03 and you'll be able to access the
Wells Fargo site. And don't trust their "stringent security standards"...

By the way, some sites don't allow access to Lynx when compiled with SSLeay
0.9.0, only when compiled with 0.8.1.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |