lynx-dev

lynx-dev strange HTTP/HTCheckForInterrupt() bug

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev strange HTTP/HTCheckForInterrupt() bug
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:24:04 +0400 (MSD)

A strange bug found:

When I activate a link (HTTP request sent; waiting for responce)
one may get a delay due to a slow server or other problems
so sometimes I 'z'ap it before receiving the actual data.

Apperantly, *sometimes* lynx got aborted with exit status
just after pressing 'z'. So I see

Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
Exiting via interrupt: 15

        and at this moment Lynx hangs and something messed with a screen,
        so I press ^C and exit to the shell with

Exiting via interrupt: 2

I cannot reproduce it cleanly but saw several times with dev20-dev~14.
the system is Linux, lynx compiled with NSL-FORK. ncurses 1.9.9e
No trace or debug info, sorry.

As far as I can say, "Unable to connect to remote host." message
come from HTTP.c and than something incorrectly closed after interruptiion.
Remember Klaus' recent fix for similar problem but haven't applied it yet.
This may be a hint or probably unrelevant but the previous page
we are trying to return to is a script generated page so prossibly not cached.

The screenshot I got several minutes ago:

   On these sites you will find tutorials, articles and example scripts
     * phpTidBits
       PHP Tutorials
     * PHPBuilder.Com
       A bunch of helpful PHP resources available here
     * PHP3 resources at DevShed

address@hidden pauzner]$