lynx-dev

lynx-dev multiple-char commands (was: reverse-search)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev multiple-char commands (was: reverse-search)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:56:15 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, David Combs wrote:

> PLEASE TELL ME: what is the PROBLEM with adding multiple-char
> commands?
>[...]
> For lynx, is it an implementation problem?

Yes.  The basic implementation problem: nobody has implemented it.

(Or, more precisely: nobody has designed a syntax for commands
and implemented it.)

>[...]
> In several years on this list, I have never seen a discussion
> of why lynx should NOT have multiple-char commands [...]

Nobody has stated that lynx _should_ not have multiple-char commands.
Therefore there was no discussion of why lynx should not have
multiple-char commands.

> Maybe someone can explain the reluctance, so I (and others?) can
> UNDERSTAND it, and so we (I) will stop suggesting it.

Suggesting is good, nagging in capitals gets old.

    Klaus