lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx- Can't access Startfile ...

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx- Can't access Startfile ...
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 18:23:58 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, David Woolley wrote:

> However, in spite of the unnecessary, uuencoding of the attachment,
> I managed to recover this line:
>
> gateway=0.0.0.0
>
> which should be the default gateway address for your ISP.

This should be set using the IP-UP.BAT file created by DOSPPP. If
manually configuring, the correct settings should be in the file.
Automatic configuration can be done, as in the LYNXBAT.BAT file
included in the DOS lynx distribution from my web and ftp sites.

> These must be configured for using mail (I don't consider mailaddr optional).
>
> #mailserver=my.mail.server
> address@hidden

Which mail program uses these settings? They aren't used by the
SENDMAIL.EXE file written for the DOS port of lynx by Alfredo Cole.

                               Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)