lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev jumping around

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev jumping around
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 05:21:26 -0400 (EDT)

and another one: i have an URL in my bookmark file & now jumps file

http://www.tor.ec.gc.ca/forecasts/forecast.cgi?city=Toronto&province=Ontario
(of course, it's in the proper anchor setting).
when i use the bookmark or jumps listing, there's no problem;
when i enter  j  then  w  (the short-cut), i get a screen telling me
i haven't entered the full URL: it seems to be  www.tor.ec.gc.ca/  only;
even stranger,  =  tells me i have reached the proper destination,
which is a simple Toronto weather outline & forecast.

why does  j  not goto the site, when ACTIVATE does?
why does  =  tell me i've got there, when i haven't?

as before, Lynx2-8-2dev.19 on IRIX 5.3 .