lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Commenting...

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Commenting...
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 02:32:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> Lynx can use the following as an author/owner tag:
>
> <link rev="made" href="mailto:(Webmaster Jim) address@hidden">

Or alternatively rev="owner".

(Try also adding a title="some text" attribute, lynx does someting with
with it.  Try also giving a URL other than mailto: and see what
happens.)

But your example does not have a valid mailto URL.  At least escape
the spaces.  I would also put the (full name) comment after the
address, not before it, since that's the common form.

Whether or not a given mailto URL works for a given user depends on
whether the program configured as SYSTEM_MAIL / SYSTEM_MAIL_FLAGS
understands the address.  I assume that not all such programs are
equal.  To minimize the chance of breakage for *someone*, I would
only use the most bare form, i.e. "mailto:address@hidden";.

   Klaus