Re: lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev need help with lynx key mapping
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think this can be done, but there may be other solutions. If
you are running a precompiled version obtained from, it
was compiled with PDCurses, which doesn't distinguish the vaules of
the numberpad keys from the other keys of similar value. I seem to
remember some solutions posted to the BLIND-L list. If you subscribe
to that list, try posting your question there. Also, you might
try upgrading to a newer version. I believe that 2.8.2rel2 is at A recent development version compiled by Hiroyuki
Senshu is available, but you will need to look carefully for the
English files among the Japanese.

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Gene Collins wrote:

> Hello.  I'm running Lynx 2.8.1dev.16 under Windows 95.  I am a totally
> blind person using the ASAP screen reader.
> The problem is that the screen reader wants to use the numeric key pad for
> it's command keys.  Since Lynx is a Windows console app, conagent.exe takes
> over the keyboard interrupt, and passes all of my screen reader commands on
> to Lynx, instead of allowing the screen reader to capture them as would
> normally be the case.  I would like to map the numeric key pad so that all

Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)