lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx and downloading files

From: Don Adaway
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx and downloading files
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 14:41:26 +0100

I am using version 2.8.1rel.1 under W95.

It works admirably for most purposes but if I download a binary file by
http or ftp the procedure, while appearing to work, loses the file.  At
the end of the download I am presented with the option of Save to disk,
followed by Filename choice.  Taking the default options, Saving...
appears, but afterwards the file has disappeared and is nowhere to be
found on my disk.  I have no problem saving web pages.

No doubt I have neglected to set up Lynx.cfg properly.  Could anyone
please advise?

--
Don      chervil @ freeuk . com