lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev22 - patch to fix PSRC mode with SOURCE_CACHE!=NONE

From: Scott Bigham
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev22 - patch to fix PSRC mode with SOURCE_CACHE!=NONE
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:53:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> If the gimme-data part were sitting somewhere between getfile() and
> (current) HTLoadDocument, we'd get the benefits of all the various
> checks that are (especially) in getfile().

Well, the problem there is that the only place I could find where I
could get at the actual incoming data was about five layers below
HTLoadDocument(), at the HTStream level.  Up at the getfile() level,
AFAICT, you just stick a document address in one end and get an HText
out the other.  Now, I suppose if getfile() could be taught to check for
a cached source, it could call HTreparse_document() at that level
instead of HTLoadDocument(); but I'm still putting my brain back
together from my last attempt to decipher getfile(), :-} so I doubt I'll
be able to pull that one off.

                                                -sbigham