lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev removing strings used in CTRACE when configured without
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:27:51 -0400 (EDT)

> Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> >  BTW, I explored cccp today. IMO it won't be easy to hack it so it that it
> > can
> > be compiled standalone (and be compact) - probably separate subdir,
> > Makefile.in will be reqired, and I afraid, this will be about
> > (optimistically)
> > 600 KB...
>
> Adding 600KB of cpp source to the Lynx source distribution is an
> unreasonable way to solve this problem.  We already have the example
> from future libwww development, as a portable way to fix CTRACE.
> Meanwhile, if the excess strings bother gcc users, use a local preparser
> (like your lexer) -- or fix gcc!
>
> >Bela<

this is becoming an faq (perhaps I should make a lynx-dev.faq.html to answer
questions on lynx-dev ;-)

The change I have in mind won't get done til after 2.8.2, since it would
needlessly touch a lot of stable code.  Not all of the trace code is
inside the CTRACE macros; those have to be revisited.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden