lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #inclu

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace, #includes)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:59:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> I have Lynx compiled with slang, and I DO get the box characters,
> including the corners. Your terminfo or termcap description probably don't
> have them defined. (It's pretty much the same problem you have with
> colors.)

Maybe I was not clear enough. I was talking about

#define BOXVERT '|'
#define BOXHORI '-'

in userdefs.h.

My terminal program doesn't support alternate character sets. If I use the
VT100 character set I also get the DEC box-drawing characters but I loose
the ISO 8859-1 characters, which I need more than the box-drawing
characters.

When using Lynx compiled with SVR4 curses or ncurses, if I have

acsc=``aaffggjjkkllmmnnooppqqrrssttuuvvwwxxyyzz{{||}}~~

in my terminfo or

ac=``aaffggjjkkllmmnnooppqqrrssttuuvvwwxxyyzz{{||}}~~

in my termcap (depends on the OS) and I'm using the VT100 character set, I
get the DEC box-drawing characters. If I don't have acsc or ac in my
terminfo or termcap and I'm using any ASCII-compatible character set, Lynx
draws the boxes with the characters defined in BOXVERT and BOXHORI, "|" and
"-" (it seems that the corner character is automaticaly set by curses). This
way:

  +----------+
  |          |
  |          |
  |          |
  |          |
  +----------+

If I have acsc or ac and I'm using ISO 8859-1, the character set I always
use, I see the boxes this way:

  ìññññññññññë
  ø          ø
  ø          ø
  ø          ø
  ø          ø
  íññññññññññê

With Lynx compiled with Slang, I always get the box-drawing characters when
I use the VT100 character sets and that ugly thing above when I use ISO
8859-1.

I was asking to extend the BOXVERT and BOXHORI to Slang, if possible.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |