lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx problems

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx problems
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:03:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Moses Wang wrote:

> I'm running lynx 2.8.1 (i also had this problem with the 2.8.2), in FreeBSD
> 3.1-STABLE.  When i use the windows telnet client and i type "g" to enter a
> URL, it just returns the message "Edit the previous goto URL:
> http://lynx.browser.org/";.
> But when i use a third party telnet client, it works fine.
>
> What's wrong?

I am not sure that I understand. It seems that you described the
normal action of lynx, with the GOTO buffer enabled. To clear the
buffer to type a new URL, type CTRL-U. If you don't want this
behavior, set GOTOBUFFER to FALSE in lynx.cfg. You can still edit
previous URLs by using the up arrow.

I am still confused by what the telnet client has to do with it. This
shouldn't affect lynx behavior. What is the alternative behavior that
you see when you type "g" (what you described as "works fine")?
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)