lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx, colors and VT100

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx, colors and VT100
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:24:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> >See if Lynx displays any warning message. See if you get the "old-style"
> >options menu. See if Lynx says that your terminal doesn't support color.
>
> Yup, that's what it says.

Does that mean that you got the "old-style" options menu?

> You know, I'll be more detailed about what I really want..  I don't really
> want/need color all that much (though it might be nice to try),

OK.

> what I really want is to try to get around a weird behavior of this
> terminal emulator at work... I have blue background, white text.. And BOLD
> is set to be black.. which is really really really unreadable in this
> color scheme.

Find the lynx.cfg on your system (try in /usr/lib and /etc), copy it to your
home directory, uncomment the COLOR lines and change them to the colors you
want. Don't forget to tell lynx where to find it.

> >Well, now we have to see if your VT100 emulation is a "pure" or "impure"
> >one. I believe you're using Proterm on an Apple GSII. Anyway, the easiest
>
> No, not at work..  Can't do colors at home..

Do you mean that you have a monochrome monitor?

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |