lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 dev 24 for VMS

From: Andy Harper
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 dev 24 for VMS
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:11:42 BST

Well, something fairly fundamental changed between lynx 22 and 24 because the
VMS build fails on the first routine HTPARSE.C when built with DEC C for the
socketshr interface on OpenVMS 6.2 alpha. I used the MMK make program to build
this with the supplied descrip.mms file

Here's the resulting error:

CC/decc/Prefix=ANSI  /NoMember /Warning=(disable=implicitfunc) -
  /Include=([-.Implementation],[---.src],[---]) -
  /Define=(ACCESS_AUTH, VC="""2.14""", SOCKETSHR_TCP) HTPARSE.C

         int gethostname (char *__name, size_t __namelen);
.............^
%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of "si_gethostname" is not
compatible with the type of a previous declaration of "si_gethostname" at line
number 144 in file SOCKETSHR_ROOT:[LIB]SOCKETSHR.H;5.
at line number 533 in module UNISTD of text library
SYS$COMMON:[SYSLIB]DECC$RTLDEF.TLB;8

    ssize_t read   (int __file_desc, void *__buffer, size_t __nbytes);
............^
%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of "si_read" is not compatible
with the type of a previous declaration of "si_read" at line number 227 in file
SOCKETSHR_ROOT:[LIB]SOCKETSHR.H;5.
at line number 600 in module UNISTD of text library
SYS$COMMON:[SYSLIB]DECC$RTLDEF.TLB;8

    ssize_t write  (int __file_desc, const void *__buffer, size_t __nbytes);
............^
%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of "si_write" is not compatible
with the type of a previous declaration of "si_write" at line number 228 in
file SOCKETSHR_ROOT:[LIB]SOCKETSHR.H;5.
at line number 601 in module UNISTD of text library
SYS$COMMON:[SYSLIB]DECC$RTLDEF.TLB;8

There appear to be some conflicts with the socketshr headers that weren't there
before!  I haven't changed my socketshr headers..

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

Andy Harper
Kings College London