lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev proxy dox

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev proxy dox
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:34:53 +0900 (JST)

> we seem to get a couple of basic inquiries about proxies each month
> & Lynx documentation seems to have little advice to offer those

I noticed in my recent revision of INSTALLATION that the environment
variable section for Un*x/VMS had been chopped out, and a reference is
now made to the main help page.  Although it was a rather long section,
setting up proxies at least is something most people would want to set
up before they install Lynx, at least I should think so.  A considerable
amount of the former content dealt with proxies.  My personal stake in
Lynx is waning fast, but I feel obligated to make what effort I can, so
I ask those interested:
     1) Should the environment variable section for Un*x/VMS be reinstated?
*or* 2) Should there be a short paragraph added to INSTALLATION to make
        pointers to the specific sections of the help documentation and
        lynx.cfg which concern proxy configuration?  (The problem here is
        that the help files are html; thus assume Lynx is already installed.)

__Henry