lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev ms client

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev ms client
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 10:03:20 +0100 (BST)

> is this mentioned anywhere in Lynx documentation?
> there's an inquiry of this type about every couple of months.

Running TCP applications under DOS is a technical area, and the issues
arise from the third party software.  People should possibly be warned that
they are going where angels fear to tread, but it is unrealistic to
document every third party piece of technology - we are even well into
the stage that to many, such documenation for any MS-DOS produce would
require full documentation of MS-DOS (commercial MS-DOS packages often
did include an introduction to MS-DOS files, directories, disk formatting,
etc.)