lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev changing the installed lynx's directory layout

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev changing the installed lynx's directory layout
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 17:44:15 +0500 (SAMST)

On Mon, 3 May 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> In a recent note, Vlad Harchev said:
>
> > Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 15:44:04 +0500 (SAMST)
> >
> >   I propose to change the directory structure in which lynx installs.
>
> All this was thrashed through here about a year ago, with the current
> structure the consensus.  I don't much care as long as any novus
> ordo seclorum is configurable enough that I can elect the current
> structure, with which I am well pleased.
>
> I strongly object to any change which would require existing users
> to change their PATH or MANPATH or other environment variables.

  The directory structure I proposed doesn't require changing values of PATH
and MANPATH and any other environment variables. In short, I proposed to
 move $(prefix)/lynx_help to $(prefix)/lynx/help, and nothing more about
already existing files/directories - but with future in mind I consider
approach I proposed is better than existing (or absens of it).

> -- gil

 Best regards,
  -Vlad