lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Table support?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Table support?
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

From: Philip Webb <address@hidden>

>990504 Larry Virden wrote:
>>> Lynx doesn't support tables,
>> Technically that is not correct.
>> Lynx recognizes the table tag and outputs the contents of the tags.
>
>like what can i say?  Lynx doesn't support tables:
>tables are 2-dimensional (ok theoretically  >= 2-dimensional )
>& Lynx reproduces them in 1 dimension: that's not table support.

It seems useless to argue the point - one last attempt.  If lynx produced
anything in one dimension, we would be unable to read it.  Lynx produces
tables in two dimensions - it just represents the two dimensions (width
and length) in a different manner than GUI browsers.

Shrug.

As long as lynx doesn't crash, and doesn't throw away the data, I consider
that a form of support.  As to whether it is insufficient or not - it's
apparently sufficient enough for anyone who does programming not to have
attempted a better implementation.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>