lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Table support?

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Table support?
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 13:11:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Larry W. Virden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I've read in certain places that Lynx supports tables.
> > have version 2.8, and it doesn't support tables at all.
>  Is
> > there an addition that I must download and install in
> order
> > to get Lynx to view tables?
>
> lynx 2.8 supports tables out of the box.

Out of the box?

> So, what do you mean "it doesn't support tables at all"?

I mean precisely that -- that I've never seen tables when
using Lynx, even on other machines.

> Do you have a URL which contains tables in vanilla HTML
> (that is - not
> within Javascript or Java code or any other construct
> that isn't supported)
> but which lynx refuses to display the data within the
> table construct?

Try Yahoo! at http://www.yahoo.com/
Or the Open Directory Project at http://dmoz.org/

These sites list their categories in table format, but Lynx
displays their categories as just being listed vertically
down the length of the page, one below the other.

It's not a big deal or anything.  I like Lynx, but tables
just improve a page's appearance, and I'd think they'd be
workable with a text browser.

--Chris