Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Now released Lynx2.8.2pre.4 for Win32
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 06:56:56 -0400 (EDT)

> > >Though correspondence to Japanese environment is done, even an
> > >environment except for Japan functions fully.
> This is a gross understatement!  I want to thank Hiroyuki for taking the
> jump and making his efforts known, and Doug, also, for taking the time
> to find the gems.  Some of the improvements to Lynx are outlined in:
> Unfortunately I simply do not have the time to act as a translator, but
> in general the QUALITY of the work _speaks for itself_.  Probably Hiroyuki
> has moved the Win32 port to front-line development.  In some ways it may
> surpass the general code set.  Note that it should be possible to compile

in some ways - but here/there the changes impact the Unix port, so I can't
simply apply it now.  But I'd like to incorporate this (and Vlad's) changes
after 2.8.2's finalized.  Perhaps you could find someone to translate the
HIST-J.TXT if you don't have time to do it yourself.

-- aside from patches submitted this week, I have only one bug report (Andy
   Harper's connection to wku file server).

> __Henry

Thomas E. Dickey