lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev re COPYHEADER COPYING

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev re COPYHEADER COPYING
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 20:17:43 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Henry Nelson said:

> Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 08:53:49 +0900 (JST)
>
> I question the following change in pre.5.
>    1999-05-20 (2.8.2pre.5)
>    * correct links to COPYHEADER and COPYING in about_lynx.html, by pointing
>      author's URLs, rather than to files which are not installed anyway -PG
> The underlying problem is that the install-help target is not working as
> intended (perhaps an example of something becoming too complex to be
> maintained).  I think the links should be reinstated to point to local
> files that ARE installed.  All it should take is to find the command,
> `cp COPY* lynx_help`, which at one time must have existed, and turn it
> on for all types of installation (plain or gzipped) of the help file set.

Well, I did this for one of the two files involved (I hastily neglected
the other.)  Then Kim observed that this didn't satisfy the requirement
for gzipped help files.  That requires a modification to a sed script
to change the suffix on the links in the html doc.  I ran out of
wind.  I have scant pride of authorship in having changed two
links; :-) I'll gladly bow to anyone who submits a patch satisfying
Henry and Kim.

-- gil