lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev patch to add description of extended INCLUDE syntax to

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: lynx-dev patch to add description of extended INCLUDE syntax to
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 20:54:42 -0500

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 10:12:26AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> In other words, I cannot imagine an ISP or sysadm putting multiple INCLUDEs
> in the global lynx.cfg file, nor can I imagine why an ISP or sysadm would
> put INCLUDE among the configuration parameters.

Imagine having lynx.cfg in /usr/local/share as a generic all purpose
config file in a networked environment where /usr/local/share is shared
between all machined in a heterogenous network environment.

Then the file could include /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg which would have
architecture specific configuration elements.  Different system specific
applications to handle displaying images would be one example.

Then also include ~/lynx.cfg for user specified configurations.

Though, personally, I would have different methods of handling this.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all