lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev proposal for LYK_SCRIPT and patch

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev proposal for LYK_SCRIPT and patch
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:50:22 +0900 (JST)

> You make it impossible to apply -restrictions to externals but not to
> 'scripts', or the other way around.

Again, off topic, Klaus, (and I should have discussed it at the time)
but what you did with CAN_ANONYMOUS_VIEW_LYNXCFG_INFO and the others
seemed like "overkill" to me. I know you are strictly correct, but for
some reason I just cannot imagine anyone running -anonymous to possibly
want to advertise the organization of their file system, or allow
pretty much anyone to deduce what operating system is on the machine.
Would you mind setting me straight here why it is so important for
-restrictions to be available for anything under -anonymous. IOW, what's
wrong with assuming, for the sake of simplicity, that some "features"
are incompatible with public access and should just be turned off period?
(Granted there is a need to document what the -anonymous command line
switch does turn off.)

__Henry