lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev WSJ re: WWW accessability issues for blind browser users...

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev WSJ re: WWW accessability issues for blind browser users...
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:54:22 -0400 (EDT)

990705 William Fulmor forwarded:
> The Wall Street Journal Interactive Edition -- July 6, 1999
> New Federal Requirements Could Help Out Disabled Web Users, by JOHN DODGE
> DOUG WAKEFIELD isn't a big fan of Omaha Steaks' flashy Web page.
> he's blind and www.omahasteaks.com is a nightmare for him to navigate.

well certainly, i'm not blind & there are other lynx-devers
better able to review the site from that angle,
but if i were Omaha Steaks, i'ld be reaching for my lawyer.
using Lynx, i had no problem finding my way to the check-out
with a juicy steak in my basket; the only problem is payment,
as they ask for credit-card info on a non-https site.
i have told the site management they should know Lynx handles frames.

otherwise, the US move is important & sb good for Lynx promotion:
it's already been brought to lynx-dev's attention.